Monday, April 20, 2015

Event Blog #1

Griffith Park

Griffith Park Observatory has been one of my favorite go-to locations since coming to school in Los Angeles.  I am from the east coast, which makes me want to explore and adventure this new scenery.  The park includes the observatory itself, the Greek Theater, the pony rides, the hiking trails, and much more.  I have been to the observatory during the day and the night, as well as hiked the trails as far as the Hollywood sign.
This photo was taken the first week of my time in Los Angeles.  I made this one of my list destinations, as I craved to see the LA city lights under the stars.


Due to the fact that it was right after move-in day, I had the privilege of bringing my parents along to see the beautiful views and observe some of the exhibits.



During Winter Quarter, my best friend Emily came to visit me for a few days.  I made sure to show her my favorite view of one of my favorite cities (after New York of course)!  Emily appreciated the opportunity to see the city from on of the best angles possible... the top.

Upon receiving this assignment, I asked my friends to come with me to visit one more time to see the observatory throughout the afternoon, as opposed to after dark.  We had a great time walking alongside the horses as we hiked to the Hollywood sign.  Thanks to a selfie stick, we got the best pictures around!

This is me attempting to take a selfie with a badged employee.  He previously had said no to me when I properly and politely asked for a photo.  

You See LA!! Get it?

I am very blessed and grateful that I have the opportunity to live out in Los Angeles and get to see this part of the world.  I love the essence of this city, which I believe Griffith Park does a great job at exemplifying.  The park includes many great attractions that most other cities don't offer, such as horse rides on a canyon overlooking the whole county.  I believe that a diverse park, such as Griffith, belongs in every city in order to give locals and tourists a holistic experience.  If anyone has the chance to observe the observatory, I greatly encourage it!





No comments:

Post a Comment